The Auckland property investing landscape - with John Bolton
Welcome to part two of an interview with JB from Squirrel Mortgages (listen to part one). We have a great
interview lined up for you this week.
In this show you will hear from John about:
- An upcoming policy change from the Reserve Bank that will impact investors with more than 5 tenancies and what this means.
- What happened to the second and third tier lenders and how do they operate now.
- A bit about private lenders and an example where an investor did exceptionally well using private lending to make a deal work.
- What impact John has seen from the LVR increases on trading.
- John's take on what really forced property prices to rise so sharply in Auckland in 2013.
- What New Zealand resident Chinese buyers are investing in so heavily in a market that has already risen.
- Where does John get his news from to stay current.
- What strategies does John recommend to new investors to get ahead in property.
- Where does John see the Auckland market going (and why)
There is a ton of information packed into this 30 minute show. Enjoy!
John can be found at Squirrel Mortgages
As always we would love some feedback. A positive rating on iTunes would help us tremendously as we try to get the word out.
To get weekly expisodes delivered directly to your device of choice please subscribe on
(for Android). Find more information about Property Ventures and future shows make sure you
to our newsletter to get podcast episodes and property deals delivered straight to your inbox. Thanks for listening!
DISCLAIMER: We need to remind you at this juncture that Property Ventures are not Financial Advisors. Any opinions expressed in these interviews are indended for educational purposes only and may not match the opinion of Property Ventures. You are always recommended to conduct your own independent due diligence before making any investment decisions.